What is POP3it Pro?
POP3it Pro allows you to connect to a POP3 Email Server and download your email directly into your FileMaker Pro database. With the advances in FileMaker Pro 7 and above, POP3it Pro has even more freedom to work with your email databases and to work faster than ever before. Some of the newest features are no-script downloading, SSL/TLS support, import emails from other email programs, integrated account management, and a cancel button on the status window. For a complete list of features and their descriptions, see the Features section below.
New Features Unique to POP3it Pro:
- No-Script Downloading - Add email downloading to your database without having to write a single script!
- SSL/TLS Support - Download email from secure mail servers like Gmail.
- Import Emails - POP3it Pro can load emails from files on your hard drives allowing you to import email from any email program that stores its email data in “mbox” files (Thunderbird, Eudora, many unix email clients, etc.) Apple Mail is also supported.
- Integrated Account Management - Set up all your accounts within the plug-in instead of creating a database to store them.
- Cancel Downloading - The new status window contains a Cancel button to gracefully quit those long downloads.
- Simplified Calculation Functions - Use the easy functions for quick set ups, or turn on the Advanced Functions to add power to your databases.
- Contain Those Attachments - Download attachments directly into container fields in your database.
- Ignore Certain Attachments - You can now examine attachment names before extracting them and only extract those attachments you want.
- Advanced GoToMessage - The new GoToMessage function can go to any message on your mail server by number or UniqueID.
- Reply Easier - New QuoteMessage function allows you to quote reply messages just like an email client. Timestamp Messages - POP3it Pro now returns message dates as Timestamps so you no longer have to convert the date format yourself.
- Universal Binary - Runs on PPC- and Intel-based Macs.
Features Brought over from POP3it:
- Backward Compatibility - Turn on the Backward Compatibility option and use your existing Classic POP3it database without changing a single script.
- Extract What You Need - The advanced functions mimic the old version of POP3it to allow you to extract only what you need out of Messages.
- Easy Loops - Use the Connect, GoToMessage, and Disconnect functions to make looping through your messages a snap.
- Attachments Where You Want Them - Tell POP3it Pro to save attachments anywhere on your hard drive or even base the location on the message content itself.
FileMaker Client Requirements
7.0v3, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x, 14.x (32), 14.x (64), 15.x (32Win), 15.x (64)
FileMaker Server Requirements
9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x, 14.x, 15.x
10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12
2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
A general knowledge of FileMaker scripting and using the calculation engine is needed to use a FileMaker plug-in.