At its core, CNS Barcode is an iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad* app for scanning and generating barcodes. You can use this app for a variety of barcodes including Codabar, Code 3 of 9 (Code 39), Code 3 of 9 Ext. (Code 39+), Code 93, Code 128, Databar-14, Databar-14 Stacked, EAN 2, EAN 5, EAN 13, EAN 14, EAN 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, ISBN (EAN-13), QR Code, UPC A, and UPC E.
The power behind CNS Barcode, though, is not just scanning and generating barcodes. CNS Barcode can be launched from other iOS apps on your device using the cnsbarcode:// URL Scheme. This is a very powerful feature that allows you to add the functionality of scanning and generating barcodes to any app that can launch URLs and in turn be launched by a URL. An example of such an app is FileMaker Go. With a specially designed FileMaker Go database, you could, for example, press a button to launch CNS Barcode, scan a product barcode, and have CNS Barcode launch a URL to run a script in FileMaker Go. The FileMaker Go script could then use the barcode data to add a product to an invoice or locate an item in your product database.
Not looking for an iOS App? Maybe you are looking for the CNS Barcode plug-in for FileMaker Pro.
CNS Barcode Features:
- Scan a variety of barcode symbologies including QR Codes
- Scan from any angle
- Scan multiple barcodes
- Generate barcodes from data you provide
- Launch other iOS apps after scanning barcodes
- Launch CNS Barcode from other iOS apps
- Launch URLs found in barcodes (http://, sms://, tel://, fmp://, etc.)
- Perform product searches
- Scan barcodes into FileMaker Go databases
- Create Profiles for processing barcodes
Capabilities by device:
- iPhone 3G - Somewhat compatible (Can read QR Codes and large-scale linear barcodes.)
- iPod Touch 4th Gen - Mostly compatible (Can read all reasonably-scaled barcodes with both the rear- and front-facing cameras.)
- iPhone 3GS - Fully compatible (This device is the standard by which the other devices are compared.)
- iPhone 4/4S/5 - Super compatible (Includes a "High Resolution" option for scanning small-scale barcodes with the rear-facing camera.)
- iPod Touch 5th Gen - Super compatible (Includes a "High Resolution" option for scanning small-scale barcodes with the rear-facing camera.)
- iPad 3rd/4th Gen - Super compatible (Includes a "High Resolution" option for scanning small-scale barcodes with the rear-facing camera.)
*Note: Barcode Scanning via a camera is not available on iOS devices that lack a camera. Scanning photos and generating barcodes is available on any iOS device running iOS 4.0 or greater.