While we were developing CNS Audit, we created several internal helper functions for running queries against FileMaker(R) Pro databases. We needed the ability to Add Tables; Find, Add, and Update Records; match Table, Layout, and Field names to their internal IDs; and many other things. After a while, we took a step back and thought, “we could make a plug-in out of these helper functions.” CNS Query was born.
This plug-in provides you with many easy-to-use functions to work with your data from any calculation and without creating any extraneous relationships. You can add, remove, and update tables, fields, and records. Get or Set the value of any field by name. Extract information about fields like name, id, and type. Extract information about layouts like name, id, and what fields are on the layout. Check whether a field, layout, or table exists. List and concatenate information from one or more fields from any table without defining a relationship to that table. We have even provided a function for direct SQL access if you are fluent in SQL.
Not only can CNS Query work under FileMaker Pro, but you it also works on your FileMaker Server. The Server Edition can be installed on FileMaker Server to be used with Scheduled Scripts and/or FileMaker Server Advanced to be used with Web Publishing. For more information about the Server Edition of CNS Query, please see the ReadMe file included in the CNS Query Server Edition download.
So, if you are ready to have access to your data like never before, download CNS Query today and begin your adventure!
- Add Tables, Fields, and Records
- Remove Tables, Fields, and Records
- Update Records
- Check for the existence of Tables, Fields, and Layouts
- List and concatenate values from fields in any table without creating relationships
- Extract Field IDs, Names, and Types
- Get and Set Field Values by name
- Extract Layout IDs, Names, and Fields
- Extract Table IDs, and Names
|Mac||10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12|
|Win||2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package, 10|
|FileMaker Pro||7.0v3, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x, 14.x (32), 14.x (64), 15.x (32Win), 15.x (64), 16.x (32Win), 16.x (64)|
|FileMaker Server||9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x, 14.x, 15.x, 16.x|
CNS Core updates (FM15 support and thread safety fixes)
- Added support for FileMaker 15 plug-in features like type-ahead and calculation function completion, as well as some internal features.
- Added some very important thread-safety features to make sure the plug-in runs without issues, especially under FileMakes Server.
- Imported many other updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
Full, cross-platform, 64-bit GUI support + core code updates
- All GUI components are now 64-bit cross platform.
- CNS Core code updates.
Renamed to CNS Query + 64-bit support
- Renamed the plug-in to CNS Query (from MMQuery).
- Drop-in replacement for MMQuery (no need to rewrite calculations).
- Added 64-bit support for FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Pro Server (including Scheduled Scripts and Web Direct).
- Removed PPC support from Mac plug-in.
- Includes updates and bug fixes to CNS Core code.
- Fixed a bug where the whitespace was being trimmed from some results.
- Fixed a bug where database, table, and field names were being compared in a case-sensitive manner.
- Modified GetAsSQLDate/Time/Timestamp to only return a value if an actual date/time/timestamp value was provided, otherwise, it returns nothing at all
- Fixes a bug that caused a tremendous slow down when returning large amounts of data from a query.
- Fixes an issue with Developer’s License Keys not working correctly.
- Plug-in core code has been completely rewritten from the ground up for speed and to take advantage of the latest operating system features.
- Long-standing issue with Runtimes not closing correctly on Windows has been resolved.
- The plug-in now requires .NET 3.5 on Windows.
- Windows plug-in is now much smaller in size.
- Imported core plug-in updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Added a preference under FileMaker Pro 11 which makes the plug-in always use the newer SQL interface.
New FileMaker Pro 11 only Functions / Other bug fixes
- Imported several updates and changes from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Added CNSQuery_GetAsSQLDate, CNSQuery_GetAsSQLTime, and CNSQuery_GetAsSQLTimestamp for converting dates, times, and timestamps into a format suitable for SQL Queries.
- Clarified Function and Parameter names in regards to Tables and Table Occurrences.
- Added CNSQuery_ExecuteSQLEx function for FileMaker Pro 11.
- Added CNSQuery_GetBaseTableNames for FileMaker Pro 11.
- Added CNSQuery_GetRecordData, CNSQuery_GetRecordDataColumnCount, and CNSQuery_GetRecordDataRowCount for use with new FileMaker Pro 11 functions/features.
- Updated every function that takes a Table Occurrence as a parameter to allow for specifying a different open file under FileMaker Pro 11 using the “FileName.TOName” format.
- Updated the CNSQuery_FindRecords function to support the RecordData functions under FileMaker Pro 11.
- Updated the CNSQuery_GetTONames function to optionally take a FileName parameter under FileMaker Pro 11.
New Server Edition / Misc. Improvements
- Added VersionAutoUpdate function.
- Ported changes and enhancements from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Created Server Edition of the plug-in.
Inital Public Release
- Initial Public Release