CNS Barcode for FileMaker Pro is a plug-in that brings the power of barcodes to your FileMaker Solution. Like its sibling product, CNS Barcode for iOS, this plug-in can both scan and generate barcodes. CNS Barcode can scan JPEG or PNG images containing barcodes or it can use an attached webcam to scan any barcodes held up to the camera. Barcode formats you can scan include Codabar, Code 3 of 9 (Code 39), Code 3 of 9 Ext. (Code 39+), Code 93, Code 128, DataBar-14, DataBar-14 Stacked, EAN 2, EAN 5, EAN 8, EAN 13, EAN 14, EAN 128, Interleaved 2 of 5, ISBN, QR Code, UPC A, and UPC E. Barcode formats you can generate include all the formats you can scan plus Data Matrix, HIBC Data Matrix, USPS OneCode, PDF417, and PostNET.
Whether you already have products with barcodes or if you want to start using barcodes to track your assets, CNS Barcode is easy to set up and use. If you need to create barcodes, the CNSBC_Generate function will take any data you have in your database and create a PNG image of the barcode format of your choosing. You can then print out and affix the barcodes to the objects you need to track. When you need to scan one of your barcodes, the CNSBC_ScanWindow function will bring up a video preview of your webcam for you to see what you are scanning. When the plug-in recognizes the barcode, it will use one of three actions that you define. It can close the scanning window and return the barcode data to the script that opened the window; it can call a script in your database and pass it the barcode data; or it can set a field in your database with the barcode data. Unlike the first action, the script calling and field setting actions leave the scanning window open for you to scan more barcodes.
So download CNS Barcode today and see how easy it is to add barcodes to your FileMaker Solution.
- Scan barcodes with your webcam
- Call scripts in your database when a barcode is scanned
- Set a field in your database with the data from a scanned barcode
- Define multiple scanning profiles for different situations
- Generate barcodes from data you provide
- Choose which webcam to use if more than one is available
Mac OS X
- Built-in iSight
- Firewire webcams
- Basically, if it shows up in PhotoBooth or iChat, it will work with CNS Barcode
- USB webcams
- Firewire webcams
- Basically, if it shows up in the Scanners and Cameras section of My Computer, it will work with CNS Barcode
CNS Barcode can scan and generate the following barcode types. For more detailed information about each barcode, see the Barcode Types section of the documentation.
|Codabar||Code 3 of 9 (Code 39)||Code 3 of 9 Ext. (Code 39+)||Code 93|
|Code 128||Databar-14||Databar-14 Stacked||EAN|
|EAN 14||EAN 128||Interleaved 2 of 5||ISBN (EAN-13)|
|QR Code||UPC A||UPC E|
CNS Barcode can generate the following barcode types, but not scan. For more detailed information about each barcode, see the Barcode Types section of the documentation.
|Data Matrix||GS1 Data Matrix||HIBC Data Matrix||PDF417|
|Postnet||USPS Intelligent Mail (OneCode)|
|Mac||10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, 10.13|
|Win||2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package|
|FileMaker Pro||7.0v3, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x, 14.x (32), 14.x (64), 15.x (32Win), 15.x (64), 16.x (32Win), 16.x (64), 17.x (32Win), 17.x (64)|
|FileMaker Server||9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x, 14.x, 15.x, 16.x|
Script Steps & FileMaker 16 Support
- Added script steps when running CNS Barcode under FileMaker 16.
- Added support for instant online help for functions and script steps under FileMaker 16 (click the small question mark in a circle button located next to the function or script step description).
- Fixed a crashing issue with Generate under FileMaker 16.
- Imported updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
New Barcode Formats, new File Functions, and a multitude of CNS Core updates
- Added support for generating DataMatrix, HIBC Data Matrix, USPS OneCode, PDF417, and PostNET barcode formats.
- Updated the Generate function with a “DataMode” parameter for generating GS1 variants of some barcode formats.
- Fixed an issue importing preferences and profiles from previous versions of the plug-in.
- Added support for FileMaker 15 plug-in features like type-ahead and calculation function completion, as well as some internal features.
- Added some very important thread-safety features to make sure the plug-in runs without issues, especially under FileMaker Server.
- Imported many other updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Enabled all CNS File functions bringing in Folder_Create, Folder_Delete, File_Export, Folder_Exists, Folder_GetPath, File_Import, Folder_List, File_Move, File_Read, File_Rename, Folder_SelectWithDialog, File_Size, File_Timestamp, and File_Write.
- Updated File_SelectWithDialog function with new parameters/features.
Full, cross-platform, 64-bit GUI support + bug fixes
- All GUI components are now 64-bit cross platform.
- Fixed issues with calculations no longer working after registering the plug-in with a Developer’s License.
- Fixed an issue with the ScanWindow not scanning any barcodes if the computer had been on for less that 30 minutes or more than 30 days.
- Fixed issues with the Profile Configuration Dialog not functioning correctly.
- Fixed issues with displaying the ScanWindow with alternating profiles.
- Fixed crashing issues on Windows with displaying the ScanWindow when no cameras were attached to the computer.
- Fixed crashing issues on Windows with hiding the ScanWindow after a successful scan for a “Return”-type profile.
- Added 64-bit support for FileMaker Pro 14.
- Removed PPC support from Mac plug-in.
- Includes updates and bug fixes to CNS Core code.
New ScanPause Pref; Generate Improvements; Bug Fixes
- Fixed a few core plug-in issues that could cause rare crashes.
- Updated the Generate function to discard the fractional part of Numbers if it is zero. This keeps from having to use GetAsText() around Number fields. However, if you want the fractional part and four decimal places is not what you need, you’ll have to convert to text within FileMaker before sending to the Generate function.
- Updated the ScanImage function to return an error if you attempt to use Profiles when running under FileMaker Server. The ScanImage function can only perform the “Return” Action under FileMaker Server.
- Added a preference to define how long to wait before the ScanWindow resets and allows another barcode to be scanned. You can adjust this preference to keep from scanning the same barcode more than once.
- Fixed an issue on Windows that prevented some images from scanning properly when using the ScanImage function.
- Fixed an issue with using the ScanWindow function in Developer’s Mode.
- Fixed issues with embedding VCards in QR Codes.
- Completely rewrote the ScanWindow code on Mac to work around issues related to the camera view being blank or not updating.
- Fixed an issue where the ScanWindow would not save its last known position when opened with a Profile that used the Return action.
Codabar support; Vector Image formats; Bug Fixes
- Clarified the EAN and ISBN barcode types so they can properly be generated.
- Modified the QR Code generation to include a UTF-8 Byte Order Mark to help decoding QR Codes with non-English characters.
- Fixed a bug with generating ISBN13 barcodes that end in a 0 check digit.
- Added support for scanning and generating the Codabar barcode format.
- Added a new “Format” parameter to the Generate function to specify whether the barcode should be returned as a PNG (the default), or as a vector image in EPS or SVG format.
- Sped up barcode recognition.
- Other minor bugs.
- Initial Release
- Initial Release