FTPit Pro is a FileMaker(R) Pro plug-in which allows you to transfer files to and from your computer using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP). This plug-in is designed to be easy to use for anyone familiar with FileMaker Pro Calculations and does not require you to learn any sort of scripting language. You can use this plug-in to back up files to a remote server, update static web pages, or completely recreate an FTP client within FileMaker Pro.
This plug-in is a complete rewrite of our previous (Classic) FTPit plug-in for FileMaker Pro 4–6. The Classic FTPit plug-in is made obsolete by FTPit Pro for FileMaker Pro 7 and above. While FTPit Pro does have a backward compatibility option for using databases created to work with the Classic FTPit plug-in, it is highly recommended that you update your calculations to use the new functions in FTPit Pro. Please see the “Porting Guide.txt” file for help in porting databases developed for the Classic version of FTPit to this new FTPit Pro version.
- Upload and Download files from any FTP Server
- Upload and Download entire directory structures
- Upload and Download text files directly to and from FileMaker fields
- Upload files directly from FileMaker Container fields
- Maintain connection information for multiple FTP Servers using the integrated account management
- Use an FTP URL syntax to quickly upload or download a file with the QuickUpload and QuickDownload functions
- Connect to SSL/TLS enabled FTP Servers (FTPS).
- Cancel Uploads or Downloads in the middle of the transfer
- Queue Transfers to be processed in the background and have the plug-in call a script when they are completed
- Import and Export Container field objects
- Copy and Move local files
- Check for the existence of files and directories both locally and remotely
- Send Remote Commands directly to the FTP Server for doing advanced things like changing permissions on a file
- Runs on both PPC- and Intel-based Macs
In addition to the FileMaker Pro Client version of FTPit Pro, we also have a FileMaker Server Edition of FTPit Pro available. The Server Edition can be installed on FileMaker Server to be used with Scheduled Scripts and/or web publishing, including custom/instant web publishing, and WebDirect.
For more information about the Server Edition of FTPit Pro, see the documentation.
|Mac||10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12|
|Win||2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|
|FileMaker Pro||7.0v3, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x, 13.x, 14.x (32), 15.x (32Win)|
|FileMaker Server||9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x|
Bug Fixes / Maintenance Release
- Imported many core plug-in updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Fixed an issue where some FTP servers require the transfer type to be set to Binary before returning a valid result for the SIZE command.
- Fixed an issue with some FTP servers not accepting absolute paths for the SIZE command.
- Updated remote file listing code to work with some AS 400 machines that are set to UNIX style listings.
- Fixed plug-in issues that prevented the FTPit Pro Server Config database from working correctly.
- Fixed issues with Accounts disappearing or reappearing when using the AddAccount and RemoveAccount functions.
- Updated RemoteFileExists function to work better with some FTP servers that can’t handle spaces in the path.
- Fixed issues with aborting transfers causing “thread timeout” errors.
- Made aborting downloads work much faster.
- Reworked secure transfers to be more reliable.
- Fixed issues where errors from the Data Connection were not being reported to the user.
- Reworked the upload code on Mac to be more reliable.
FileMaker Pro 11 Compatibility / Bug Fixes
- Improved the internal thread handling code.
- Rewrote and updated some networking code on Windows.
- Reworked Passive Uploads on Windows to work around some deadlocking problems.
- Fixed an issue where DownloadText was no longer working.
- Imported core plug-in updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Updated code for FileMaker Pro 11 compatibility issues.
Enhancements / Bug Fixes
- Updated MakeRemoteDir to create multiple subdirectories at once (MakeLocalDir already did this).
- Updated the Listing and File Transferring functions to accept more response codes from the FTP Server as valid response codes.
- Fixed an issue with downloading File Listings where it would not always retrieve all files.
Fixed a bug that caused some uploads to fail.
- Fixed a bug that caused some uploads to fail.
Several bug fixes
- Imported core updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Fixed timeout issues with TLS/SSL connections on Windows.
- Fixed a disconnect issue on Windows that caused some FTP servers to think transfers were being aborted.
- Fixed an issue where the “Window Text” parameter to FTPit_StatusWindow wasn’t being used.
- Fixed issues with using the Server Config Database with unregistered plug-ins (no more “plug-in expired” errors).
- Fixed an issue where non-passive uploads on Windows weren’t working.
Inital Public Release
- Initial Public Release.