While we were developing CNS Audit, we created several internal helper functions for running queries against FileMaker(R) Pro databases. We needed the ability to Add Tables; Find, Add, and Update Records; match Table, Layout, and Field names to their internal IDs; and many other things. After a while, we took a step back and thought, "we could make a plug-in out of these helper functions." MMQuery was born.
This plug-in provides you with many easy-to-use functions to work with your data from any calculation and without creating any extraneous relationships. You can add, remove, and update tables, fields, and records. Get or Set the value of any field by name. Extract information about fields like name, id, and type. Extract information about layouts like name, id, and what fields are on the layout. Check whether a field, layout, or table exists. List and concatenate information from one or more fields from any table without defining a relationship to that table. We have even provided a function for direct SQL access if you are fluent in SQL.
Not only can MMQuery work under FileMaker Pro, but you it also works on your FileMaker Server. The Server Edition can be installed on FileMaker Server to be used with Scheduled Scripts and/or FileMaker Server Advanced to be used with Web Publishing. For more information about the Server Edition of MMQuery, please see the ReadMe file included in the MMQuery Server Edition download.
So, if you are ready to have access to your data like never before, download MMQuery today and begin your adventure!
- Add Tables, Fields, and Records
- Remove Tables, Fields, and Records
- Update Records
- Check for the existence of Tables, Fields, and Layouts
- List and concatenate values from fields in any table without creating relationships
- Extract Field IDs, Names, and Types
- Get and Set Field Values by name
- Extract Layout IDs, Names, and Fields
- Extract Table IDs, and Names
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 or higher
- Fixes a bug that caused a tremendous slow down when returning large amounts of data from a query.
- Fixes an issue with Developer's License Keys not working correctly.
- Plug-in core code has been completely rewritten from the ground up for speed and to take advantage of the latest operating system features.
- Long-standing issue with Runtimes not closing correctly on Windows has been resolved.
- The plug-in now requires .NET 3.5 on Windows.
- Windows plug-in is now much smaller in size.
- Imported core plug-in updates from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Added a preference under FileMaker Pro 11 which makes the plug-in always use the newer SQL interface.
New FileMaker Pro 11 only Functions / Other bug fixes
- Imported several updates and changes from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Added MMQuery_GetAsSQLDate, MMQuery_GetAsSQLTime, and MMQuery_GetAsSQLTimestamp for converting dates, times, and timestamps into a format suitable for SQL Queries.
- Clarified Function and Parameter names in regards to Tables and Table Occurrences.
- Added MMQuery_ExecuteSQLEx function for FileMaker Pro 11.
- Added MMQuery_GetBaseTableNames for FileMaker Pro 11.
- Added MMQuery_GetRecordData, MMQuery_GetRecordDataColumnCount, and MMQuery_GetRecordDataRowCount for use with new FileMaker Pro 11 functions/features.
- Updated every function that takes a Table Occurrence as a parameter to allow for specifying a different open file under FileMaker Pro 11 using the "FileName.TOName" format.
- Updated the MMQuery_FindRecords function to support the RecordData functions under FileMaker Pro 11.
- Updated the MMQuery_GetTONames function to optionally take a FileName parameter under FileMaker Pro 11.
New Server Edition / Misc. Improvements
- Added VersionAutoUpdate function.
- Ported changes and enhancements from other CNS Plug-ins.
- Created Server Edition of the plug-in.
Inital Public Release
- Initial Public Release