FTPit Pro is a FileMaker® Pro plug-in which allows you to transfer files to and from your computer using the File Transfer Protocol (FTP). This plug-in is designed to be easy to use for anyone familiar with FileMaker Pro Calculations and does not require you to learn any sort of scripting language. You can use this plug-in to back up files to a remote server, update static web pages, or completely recreate an FTP client within FileMaker Pro.
This plug-in is a complete rewrite of our previous (Classic) FTPit plug-in for FileMaker Pro 4-6. The Classic FTPit plug-in is made obsolete by FTPit Pro for FileMaker Pro 7 and above. While FTPit Pro does have a backward compatibility option for using databases created to work with the Classic FTPit plug-in, it is highly recommended that you update your calculations to use the new functions in FTPit Pro. Please see the "Porting Guide.txt" file for help in porting databases developed for the Classic version of FTPit to this new FTPit Pro version.
- Upload and Download files from any FTP Server
- Upload and Download entire directory structures
- Upload and Download text files directly to and from FileMaker fields
- Upload files directly from FileMaker Container fields
- Maintain connection information for multiple FTP Servers using the integrated account management
- Use an FTP URL syntax to quickly upload or download a file with the QuickUpload and QuickDownload functions
- Connect to SSL/TLS enabled FTP Servers (FTPS).
- Cancel Uploads or Downloads in the middle of the transfer
- Queue Transfers to be processed in the background and have the plug-in call a script when they are completed
- Import and Export Container field objects
- Copy and Move local files
- Check for the existence of files and directories both locally and remotely
- Send Remote Commands directly to the FTP Server for doing advanced things like changing permissions on a file
- Runs on both PPC- and Intel-based Macs
In addition to the FileMaker Pro Client version of FTPit Pro, we also have a FileMaker Server Edition of FTPit Pro available. The Server Edition can be installed on FileMaker Server to be used with Scheduled Scripts and/or FileMaker Server Advanced to be used with Web Publishing.
For more information about the Server Edition of FTPit Pro, see the documentation.
FileMaker Client Requirements
7.0v3, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x
FileMaker Server Requirements
9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x
2000, XP, Vista, 7
A general knowledge of FileMaker scripting and using the calculation engine is needed to use a FileMaker plug-in.