- Getting Started
- Server Plug-in
- Example Databases
- Integrating the plug-in
- Coding Considerations
- Error List
- Runtime Solutions
- Credits and Contact
Install the plug-in
You have now downloaded the Server Edition plug-in archive, unzipped it, and are ready to install the plug-in. Installing a plug-in is as easy as copying a file from one directory to another.
- Locate and open the folder you unzipped in the "Download the plug-in" section.
- Find the "SMTPit_Pro_SE_OSX.fmplugin" plug-in file, and copy it. This is done by either right clicking on it and selecting Copy, or by using the Edit menu and selecting the Copy option.
- Browse to the location on your hard drive where FileMaker Server and/or Web Publishing is installed. This is here:
Database Server: /Library/FileMaker Server/Database Server/Extensions/
Web Publishing: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/wpc/Plugins/Note: In Web Publishing, if the "Plugins" folder does not exist in the "wpc" folder, just create it, and then copy the plug-in file into it. The plug-in will not work if installed in the "Extensions" folder in the "wpc" folder.
- Paste the "SMTPit_Pro_SE_OSX.fmplugin" plug-in file. This is done by either right clicking in an empty space and selecting Paste, or by using the Edit menu and selecting the Paste option.
- Restart the Database Server and/or Web Publishing.
- Web Publishing will immediately recognize and enable the plug-in, but you will need to use the FileMaker Server Admin Console to enable the plug-in for the Database Server. If you are only using the SE plug-in in Web Publishing, the plug-in is now installed and ready for use.
- For use in the Database Server, with the Admin Console open, choose the "Database Server" link in the Configuration section on the left. On the right, choose the "Server Plug-ins" tab. If the "Enable FileMaker Server to use plug-ins" checkbox is not checked, check it. Check the checkbox for the line that includes the "SMTPit_Pro_SE_OSX.fmplugin" file name, and then press the "Save" button. SMTPit Pro SE should now be installed and ready for use in the Database Server.