POP3it Pro allows you to connect to a POP3 Email Server and download your email directly into your FileMaker Pro database. With the advances in FileMaker Pro 7 and above, POP3it Pro has even more freedom to work with your email databases and to work faster than ever before. Some of the newest features are no-script downloading, SSL/TLS support, import emails from other email programs, integrated account management, and a cancel button on the status window. For a complete list of features and their descriptions, see the Features section.
- No-Script Downloading - Add email downloading to your database without having to write a single script!
- SSL/TLS Support - Download email from secure mail servers like Gmail.
- Import Emails - POP3it Pro can import emails from files on your hard drive in several different formats including files that have the source of a single email or files in the "mbox" format such as those used by Thunderbird and Eudora. POP3it Pro can also import emails from Apple Mail 2.x mailbox folders.
- Integrated Account Management - Set up all your accounts within the plug-in instead of creating a database to store them.
- Cancel Downloading - The new status window contains a Cancel button to gracefully quit those long downloads.
- Simplified Calculation Functions - Use the easy functions for quick set ups, or turn on the Advanced Functions to add power to your databases.
- Contain Those Attachments - Download attachments directly into container fields in your database. Ignore Certain Attachments - You can now examine attachment names before extracting them and only extract those attachments you want.
- Advanced GoToMessage - The new GoToMessage function can go to any message by number or Unique ID.
- Reply Easier - New QuoteMessage function allows you to quote reply messages just like an email client.
- Timestamp Messages - POP3it Pro now returns message dates as Timestamps so you no longer have to convert the date format yourself.
- All New Plug-in - Completely rewritten from the ground up based on years of experience in developing FileMaker Pro plug-ins.
- FileMaker Pro 7+ Native - Takes full advantage of the FileMaker Pro 7+ Plug-in API.
- Universal Binary - Runs on PPC- and Intel-based Macs.
- Features Brought over from POP3it Classic
- Backward Compatibility - Turn on the Backward Compatibility option and use your existing POP3it Classic database without changing a single script.
- Extract What You Need - POP3it Pro's advanced functions mimic POP3it Classic's functions to allow you to extract only what you need out of email.
- Easy Loops - POP3it Pro's Connect, GoToMessage, and Disconnect functions make looping through your messages a snap.
- Attachments Where You Want Them - Tell POP3it to save attachments anywhere on your hard drive. You can even base that location on the message content itself.
In addition to the FileMaker Pro Client version of pop3it Pro, we also have a FileMaker Server Edition of pop3it Pro available. The Server Edition can be installed on FileMaker Server to be used with Scheduled Scripts and/or FileMaker Server Advanced to be used with Web Publishing.
For more information about the Server Edition of pop3it Pro, see the documentation.
FileMaker Client Requirements
7.0v3, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x
FileMaker Server Requirements
9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x
2000, XP, Vista, 7
A general knowledge of FileMaker scripting and using the calculation engine is needed to use a FileMaker plug-in.